2) The first draft of the Rory Deutsch Citizenship essay will be due next Tuesday, May 30th. We will work on it tomorrow in class, but for any student that would like to get a head start, the essay will consist of three parts:
- What does being a good citizen mean? (What character traits do good citizens have?)
- How do good citizens act? (What actions demonstrate that someone is a good citizen?)
- How have you demonstrated that you are a good citizen? (Examples of things you have done.)
4) A message from the recess supervisors: Fidgets are reserved only for academic use, yet they are causing many issues at recess, from lost fidgets, broken fidgets, and even "my fidget is better than your fidget" fights. Thus, fidgets are now BANNED at recess and will be confiscated. They are not allowed outside, just as we do not allow pokemon cards, coins, or other toys from home.