Reminder: Orchestra concert is tomorrow night!
1) Read for 30 minutes and record your minutes on your iRead sheet.
2) Beginning planning your Great Depression project.* Think about all the steps you will need to take to complete your project. What obstacles do you foresee (if any)?
* As part of our Midwest unit, we studied aspects of the Great Depression and how it altered the identities and perspectives of those who lived through it. Students were then assigned a specific role (i.e. farmer, banker, homeless child) and asked to research and explore the Depression through the eyes of their character. For the culminating project, students are free to choose the manner in which they would like to demonstrate their acquired knowledge. Some ideas are Depression-themed board games, diaries, or posters.
The two requirements of this project are a) a demonstration of knowledge of life during the Great Depression, and b) a demonstration of understanding how identities changed and perspectives differed during this time. Students will be given time in class to work, but will probably require work time at home. I am happy to provide the supplies I have. I have set Monday, January 30th as the "due" date, but will gladly grant extensions to students who are "thinking big". I am not as concerned about the due date as I am that the student is engaged in creating a project they are proud of.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, though I am monitoring all student work as we progress and will reach out to you if I feel issues are arising.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
- Homework for Wednesday, February 1st
- Homework for Tuesday, January 31st
- Math Work
- Homework for Friday, January 27th
- No homework for Thursday, January 26th
- Homework for Wednesday, January 25th
- Homework for Tuesday, January 24th
- Homework for Friday, January 20th
- Homework for Thursday, January 19th
- Homework for Wednesday, January 18th
- Letters to Eleanor
- Mr. Brandstrader out sick
- Homework for Friday January 13th
- Homework for Thursday, January 12th
- Homework for Wednesday, January 11th
- Homework for Tuesday, January 10th
- Homework for Monday, January 9th
- Homework for Friday, January 6th
- Homework for Thursday, January 5th
- Homework for Tuesday, January 4th
- ▼ January (20)
- ► 2016 (201)
- ► 2015 (211)
- ► 2014 (240)