Please copy this questions and paste them into your blog in BOLD. Then answer the questions on your blog using complete sentences.
1. Why do you think the boy’s father didn’t tell his son and his wife that he didn’t have a job?
2. Why was seeing his Dad selling apples so difficult for the boy?
3. Jacob is a very creative newsie! What was his creative idea?
4. Do you think that the boy’s father would be upset that his son got a job as a newsie? Why or why not?
5. Most neighbors usually just let you borrow things when you need them. Why do you think the neighbor charged the boy to borrow her baby carriage?
6. Do you think that it was right for the boy to spend some of his money on the tickets to the baseball game? Why or why not?
7. How can you connect this book to the other things that we have learned about the Great Depression?