- CPS Enrichment Packet #2
- Harry Potter At Home - nifty magical craft videos, fun articles, quizzes, puzzles and plenty more from the wizarding world. Casting a Banishing Charm on boredom!
- Ok Go Sandbox - Inspiring Tools for Playful Learning, helping students learn through the joy, wonder, and fun of OK Go’s music videos.
- Disney & Khan Academy's Imagineering in a Box
- Our next unit will be about the Titanic and students may benefit from learning about the Industrial Revolution prior to our unit.
- Act out a play together
- Inventions during the Industrial Revolution were made possible because of simple machines. Research simple machines and then create a Rube Goldberg machine. Check out the video here and see if you can top this! Feel free to share your Rube Goldberg machine and/or a model of your invention on Flipgrid.
- Win the White House and play other civic-based games at iCivics.org!
- Working on your coding skills at Code.org
- Play educational games at RoomRecess.
- Learn to solve a Rubik’s Cube!
- And don’t forget Mr. Brandstrader’s all-time favorite computer game - The Oregon Trail!
Friday, April 3, 2020
It was great seeing so many of you at our chaotic virtual Friday Fun! I hope everyone has a nice and relaxing break, even though we are stuck at home. If you are looking for projects or ideas over break, check these out!
Fridays are Awesome!
** This is Spirit Week! Today is Tropical Day!
- Complete Freckle Word Study Assignment (Remember to sign into Freckle through Clever)
- Complete Freckle Reading Assignment - The Oregon Trail (non-fiction)
- Read independently for 20 minutes (You can take AR quizzes here)
- Complete Wordly Wise Lesson 12 Word Poster- 12D and 12E Answer Key here
- Optional - Practice Wordly Wise Lesson 12 on Quizlet
- Take Wordly Wise Lesson 12 Quiz
- Write Journal Entry #14 (3-5 sentences) - What do you plan on doing over spring break?
- Optional - Friday Fun on Google Meet at 2:30pm! I will send an email with a link to join at 2:25pm.
Educational Games/Activities: iCivics.org, RoomRecess, Code.org, The Oregon Trail, Nitrotype, Disney & Khan Academy's Imagineering in a Box, Harry Potter at Home (NEW!)
- NEW! The City of Ember Book 2: The People Of Sparks is available in pdf form online here.
- Access to BrainPop! Username: chicagopublicschools - Password: cps123
- Access to Epic!, a website with a great variety of fiction and nonfiction high-quality books. The class code is qhw8465, then click on your name.
- ▼ April (8)